The City of High Point Inspection Services Division offers a call-in permit system. This is for credit card customers (Visa, Master Card and Discover). This system enables callers to receive plumbing, mechanical and electrical permits over the telephone during our normal business hours and immediately receive their permit numbers.
Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. However, the Permit Center hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily. You may call the permit line at (336) 883-3151 and a permit specialist will be available to write your permit and assign you a permit number.
If you prefer to fax in your requests or if you have more than three permits to request, we will continue to receive requests for permits via fax. These permits will be processed as soon as possible within the next 24 hours. Our fax line is 336-883-8518.
If you have any questions or experience any problems using this service, please contact our Permits & Records Supervisor at (336) 883-3285.
- Be sure to have all information in front of you when calling in for permits in order to assist us in processing calls as quickly as possible.
- A maximum of 3 permits will be written per phone call. If you have more than three permits to request, please fax in your requests to (336) 883-8518.
- On new construction, the building permit must be issued before any trade permits may be written. On commercial incremental permits, check with the general contractor before requesting any trade permits to assure that plans for all trades have been reviewed.
- If you call during peak periods of activity, it may take longer to process your call.
- Be sure that your City of High Point Privilege License is active.
- If possible, relay fixture information from our prepared fixture lists. See fee schedule at http://www.highpointnc.gov/plan/fee_schedule.cfm.
- Cash customers must come into the office to purchase permits. This service is only available for credit customers.
Requests for inspections may be made at any time on any day by telephoning the HELLO System, (336) 883-3026. When requesting inspections, enter your permit number, contractor ID (or a telephone number may be entered in lieu of ID), and type of inspection. Requests received before midnight will be made the following working day. Be accurate with your entries to avoid delays in receiving your inspections.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our office:
Inspection Requests (336) 883-3026
Permits and Records Info (336) 883-3151
Permit Requests (336) 883-3151
Plan Review (336) 883-3285
Fax (336) 883-8518
Inspections Administrator (336) 883-3314
Building Section Supervisor (336) 883-3323
Electrical Section Supervisor (336) 883-3319
Mechanical Section Supervisor (336) 883-3326
Plumbing Section Supervisor (336) 883-3275
Local Codes Enforcement Section Supervisor (336) 883-3345
TDD (336) 883-8517