MPO Title VI Notice to Public
The High Point Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (HPMPO) complies with all federal laws that prohibit discrimination in programs, services and activities that receive federal funding assistance through the MPO. If you believe that you have been subjected to discrimination or retaliation based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, please submit a written complaint to one of the following entities:
- High Point Metropolitan Planning Organization, City of High Point Department of Transportation, 211 S. Hamilton Street, High Point, NC 27261
- North Carolina Department of Transportation, Office of Civil Rights, External Civil Rights Section, 1511 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1511
- Federal Highway Administration, North Carolina Division Office, 310 New Bern Avenue, Suite 410, Raleigh, NC 27601
- US Department of Transportation, Departmental Office of Civil Rights, External Civil Rights Programs Division, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590
- US Department of Justice, Special Litigation Section, Civil Rights Division, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20530
Complaints must be submitted no later than 180 calendar days after:
- the date of the alleged act of discrimination; OR
- the date when the person(s) became aware of the alleged discrimination; OR
- where there has been a continuing course of conduct, the date on which that conduct was discontinued or the date of the latest instance of the conduct.
- Complainant's name, address, and telephone number
- If you are filing on behalf of another person, please include your name, address phone number, and your relation to that person (e.g. friend, attorney, parent, etc.)
- The name and address of the agency, institution, or department you believe discriminated against the complainant
- How, why, and when the complainant believes they were discriminated against. Include as much background information as possible about the alleged acts of discrimination. If known, include names of individuals whom the complainant alleges discriminated against them.
- The names of any persons, if known, that the investigating agency can contact for additional information to support or clarify the allegations.