Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program! The High Point VITA Coalition provides FREE tax help to strengthen working families. Over the past 10 years, our Coalition has prepared almost 4,000 tax returns and returned over 4.5 million dollars in federal tax refunds to our clients.
In addition to providing this service to our taxpayers, we also want to recognize our outstanding and committed volunteers. Taking the time out of your schedule to volunteer and make a difference in the lives of these individuals and families shows that you care about others in your community. The VITA program provides invaluable hands-on experience for those of you interested in learning and applying federal and state tax law in a customer service oriented environment.
Below, you will find information on how to get started as a VITA volunteer. As you prepare to work at a VITA site, please look over the following documents:
1. General Overview for All Volunteers
2. Tax law training and certification test (linklearncertification.com)
3. Form 6744 Certification Test Booklet
4. Getting Started in Taxslayer and Practice Tax Returns
5. Volunteer Standards of Conduct Test
6. VITA flyer with information on site locations and schedule
7. Signing up to Volunteer at a VITA Site
Thank you again for your interest and we look forward to meeting you.