Educational attainment, or highest level of education completed, for High Point residents 25 years and over has been improving over the past several decades. As shown in the following charts, from 2010 to 2020, the percentage with less than a high school diploma dropped while the percentage of those with an associate's, bachelor's, or graduate degree went up. Looking back over the past 20 years, the percentage of those without a high school diploma dropped from 23% in 2000 to 14% in 2020, and those with a college degree rose from 31% in 2000 to 40% in 2020.
Most health data is compiled by county, not city, but according to the N.C. Center for Health Statistics the average life expectancy for an individual born in Guilford County from 2018-2020 was 77.7 years, which was a drop from the 2017-2019 period when it was 78.0 years. However, this compares to a life expectancy of 75.2 years in 1990-1992. The drop in life expectancy was a trend seen in all four counties in which High Point is located and across the nation as a whole during the COVID-19 pandemic. As shown in the following table, which includes all four counties in which High Point is located, life expectancy is generally higher for women than for men, and higher for whites than for African-Americans.
- 2010 Census Analysis (PDF): analysis of city's demographic and socioeconomic information from the 2010 Census
- Guilford County Schools and Private Schools: there are a variety of public, private and charter schools in High Point, which can each provide information about their enrollment and facilities
- North Carolina Public Schools: can provide data and reports on the elementary and secondary schools in the state, including testing results, teacher performance, and school report cards @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- High Point University: is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the United Methodist Church that was founded in 1924 and became a university in October 1991
- Guilford Technical Community College - High Point Campus: is a campus of the public Guilford Technical Community College system that was established in 1981
- Shaw University - High Point Campus is a campus of the private historically black Shaw University that was established in 1980 and offers educational opportunities for working adults through a combination of classroom and online classes @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Wake Forest Baptist Health High Point Medical Center: the primary hospital serving the High Point area
- UNC Sheps Center: provides information on health care services and the number of health care professionals within the four counties in which High Point is located
- N.C. Center for Health Statistics: state agency that provides health statistics, including the number of births and deaths
- data.census.gov: U.S. Census Bureau website where a variety of information can be accessed, including health insurance coverage @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>