The first Saturday of every month, the High Point Farmer’s Market will highlight a different fruit/vegetable with a contest, cooking demonstrations and other activities. Each month also will feature a different contest at 10 a.m. Judges will include local news personalities from The High Point Enterprise, FOX8 and News2, North Carolina Peach Queen, Daniel Gray aka Uncle Cheesecake and Friends of the Library and Library Foundation volunteers.
- Strawberry Delight - May 4 - Strawberry Recipe Contest Rules
First Place - Andy Turner with Strawberry Shortcake
Second Place - Paula Nestlerode with Strawberries & Champagne Cheesecake
Third Place - Jilliann Turner with Swervy's Strawberry Surprise
- Watermelon Mania - July 6 - Watermelon Seed Spitting Rules
- Peach Palooza - August 3 - Peach Recipe Contest Rules
- Pepper Blast - September 7 - Chili Cook-Off
- Apple Jubilee - October 5 - Apple Recipe Contest Rules
The second Saturday of the month will be devoted to your garden. A hands-on workshop will be held at 9:30 a.m. each month covering a different topic.
- Cooking from the Garden - June 8
- Troubleshooting your Garden - July 13
- TBA - August 10
- Winding down for winter - September 14
- Community Garden - October 12
Discover Your Library the third Saturday of every month by exploring a different Library division.
- May 18 - Children's Division
- June 15
- July 20 - Readers Services
- August 17 - High Point Museum and Heritage Research Center
- September 21 - Friends of the Library
- October 19
And then the fourth (and occasional fifth) Saturday of each month one of the local farmers will be highlighted. Learn about each farmer with stories and pictures.
To wrap up the season will be the second annual Spooktacular Soiree Saturday, October 26. Everyone is invited to wear costumes and take pictures in a professional photo booth from 10 a.m. to noon. Trick or treat with the vendors and there will be pumpkin crafts. The second annual Pet Costume Contest will be held at 10 am.