Internships at the City of High Point
CITY OF HIGH POINT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Thank you for your interest in the City of High Point 's Internship program. Our program gives interns an insider's view of local municipal government and stimulates future interests in a possible career in the Public Sector. This program works closely with academic internship coordinators at local colleges, universities, and professional schools.
The goal of the program is to introduce college & university students to the many aspects of municipal government through public policy and management. Intern positions are designed to provide students with a real-life experience to enhance their academic and professional aspirations.
- Interns must be enrolled in an academic program at an accredited college or university;
- Internships are positions which terminate upon completion of the internship/academic term;
- Each intern will work under the supervision of a city staff member;
- No benefits are provided. No housing or relocation assistance is available; and
- When interns are assigned, educational and professional interests will be considered.
Please review the Program Criteria before you apply
To apply for an internship, the following items must be submitted in our NeoGov application portal:
- City of High Point Internship Application
- Cover letter and updated copy of your resume
- All supplemental questions completed - Department of interest, educational program internship is for i.e. Bachelors or Masters, time line for the internship (beginning and end date)
- Requirements from the university/college for supervision. Please attach university form (s), if applicable.
Interns may require attendance at after-hours business meetings or City events. At the conclusion of the program, interns who demonstrate professionalism and proficiency throughout their assigned projects will be awarded letters of recommendation and certificates of completion. School credit may be obtained depending on the specific school's requirements.
Thank you for your interest in the City of High Point's internship opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you soon.