Budget & Evaluation is a division of the Financial Services Department and operates under the direction of the Financial Services Director and the City Manager's Office.
The Budget staff works to enhance City Management and City Council decision-making by preparing the City of High Point Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Budget within the general statutes of the State of North Carolina. The Budget Division actively serves departments and citizens by recommending appropriate measures to ensure the most cost-effective use of public resources.
In addition to budget preparation, the division:
- Assists departments in attaining performance objectives
- Conducts periodic audits verifying proper safeguarding of municipal assets and proper program operations
- Evaluating administrative policy and ordinance compliance
- Performs special projects
- Provides productivity evaluations and recommendations