- Police Department
- About Us
- Social Media Public Comments
Social Media Public Comments
The High Point Police Department uses social media to interact with residents, businesses, and visitors about incidents and public safety topics in the High Point Community. The High Point Police Department social media pages are not monitored 24-hours a day. If you need immediate assistance, dial 911. To report a crime, not in progress, call the non-emergency line at (336) 883-3224. To file a complaint or inquire about police procedures, please contact Professional Standards at (336) 887-7973. Please note this is a moderated online discussion site and subject to North Carolina Public Records Laws, and e-discovery laws and policies.
The High Point Police Department reserves the right to delete unacceptable submissions. The following are examples of unacceptable social networking content and comments. The list is not intended to be all-inclusive.
* Profane or obscene language or content;
* Comments that are clearly off topic from the original post;
* Comments that are spam or include links to other sites;
* Content that promotes fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation;
* Solicitations of commerce;
* Infringement on copyrights or trademarks; and,
* Confidential or non-public information.
Please note that the opinions and comments expressed on this social media site do not reflect the opinions and positions of the High Point Police Department, its officers or employees.
If you have any questions concerning the moderated discussions, please contact the High Point Police Department Public Information Officer at 336-887-7927.