The Inspections Services Department provides plan review and inspection services for the City of High Point. Our code enforcement officers and review staff work collaboratively with property owners and contractors to ensure the safety and code compliance of building environments and systems. This is accomplished through the reasonable application of the North Carolina Building Codes and the Development Ordinance.
To promote and ensure minimum code compliance in new and existing buildings, while providing excellent customer service.
- Can I request a framing inspection before obtaining trade rough-in inspections?
- Can a tenant in a commercial building remodel a space without a general contractor’s license or sealed drawings?
- When are sealed drawings required for existing commercial buildings?
- When is a permit required for improvements to a single family dwelling?
- When is a permit required for improvements to a commercial building?