The High Point Public Library’s Teaching Garden’s purpose is to demonstrate to members of the community different techniques and products that can be used successfully in growing your own vegetables.
- The Teaching Garden has grown from 5 raised beds to a total of 15 raised beds
- 1 3 tier-level raised bed
- Numerous examples of growing vegetables in recyclable materials
- There are 3 distinct areas of the Teaching Garden; the Vegetable Garden sites on Elm St. and on Sunset Dr., the Butterfly Garden, and the Sunflower Garden
- New gardening methods are demonstrated to the public each year
- All food grown by the Teaching Garden is donated to local food pantries.