HPHS Virtual Programs 2020-2021
2020-21 Program Series - An Educational Experience
This year you will be able to participate in the monthly HOW DID WE GET HERE? programs as well as touring museums – landmarks – historic sites with our TAKE A TRIP WITH US series.
For now, these programs are being offered virtually. When the time is right, the HOW DID WE GET HERE? series will be offered both in the High Point Museum and virtually.
New Year’s Celebrations
- New Year's Celebration Around the World
- Ōmisoka, New Year’s Eve celebration in Japan
- Dia de los Reyes (Three Kings Day) parade, Barcelona Spain
- Three Kings Day traditions
Thomas Day - Furniture Maker
- Thomas Day House on UNC-TV
- North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources Spotlight on Thomas Day
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Whitney Plantation
- America’s First Museum Dedicated to Telling the Story of Slavery
- Whitney Plantation: A Story of Slavery
Women's History Month
HOW DID WE GET HERE? SERIES
3rd Wednesday of each month at 10 a.m.
- Explores Current Topics
- Follow the topic through progression in time
- How does High Point’s history tie into the topic?
- Programs will give historical context to current events
- Virtual Programs available via ZOOM
- To register for programs email or call 336-883-3022.
Links to access these will be made available on the Facebook Group and the Historical Society page on the High Point Museum’s website