Can I get due date extension to have a few more days to pay my bill? If you need a few more days to pay, you can easily get a due date extension. A due date extension allows City of High Point utility customers the opportunity to extend a bill’s due date, for a short period of time, to keep their utility account in good standing.
How do I apply for a due date extension? To request an extension please give our Customer Service Department a call at 336-883-3111 Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (excluding holidays).
What are the requirements for a due date extension?
- The customer contacts the city prior to the final due date.
- The customer has a good payment history with their utility account:
- Certain requirements may apply
- The extension does not exceed 14 days from the final due date.
- Only 1 due date extension per bill
- The customer remains current with all utility payments during the terms of the extension.
- No extensions will be allowed for utility accounts that have been disconnected for non-payment.
Need additional financial assistance with your utility bill?
Learn more about Financial Assistance