Park & Marina
The park is located on the banks of the Arnold J. Koonce, Jr. City Lake. The park and marina are open seven days a week, only closing on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Hours vary according to the season and are adjusted according to the sunset.
April 24 - May 14: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
May 15 - August 6: 7 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
At the High Point City Lake Park Marina, you can rent a variety of boats, pay your launch fee, purchase a North Carolina fishing license, fishing bait, tackle and snacks for your day.
- Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards rentals will begin on Monday, May 8.
- Rental boats need to be off the water 1 hour before closing.
- Private boats
- Private boats need to be off the water 30 minutes before closing.
- Private boats must have a 9.9 horsepower motor or less to boat on the Arnold J. Koonce, Jr. City Lake.
- Pontoon Boat Tours (up to 30 passengers) are also available.