Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
The VITA program offers free tax preparation to low-to-limited income individuals and families. All taxes are completed by trained IRS-certified volunteers. VITA locations require a minimum of 2 tax law certified volunteers to interview taxpayers, prepare returns, and do a quality review check on the tax return to ensure accuracy. On average, High Point VITA locations have a less than 5% IRS rejection rate.
The income limit for the 2018 tax season is $55,000. After 12 years, over 5,000 tax returns have been processed resulting in refunds of over $5 million dollars.
VITA programs across the country prepared over 3.7 million tax returns last year.
The average adjusted income of families using VITA services - $16,948.
- COMMUNITY & NEIGHBORHOOD DEVELOPMENT CENTER, 201 FOURTH ST
- MACEDONIA FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER, 401 LAKE AVE
- WEST END MINISTRIES COMMUNITY CENTER, 903 ENGLISH RD
- SALVATION ARMY BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF HIGH POINT, 121 SW CLOVERLEAF PL
- GTCC HIGH POINT AND JAMESTOWN LOCATIONS
- YWCA HIGH POINT, 155 W WESTWOOD AVE
|Photo ID for Taxpayer and Spouse (If Married Filing Jointly)
Social Security Cards/ITINs for everyone on the tax return (Including dependents)
Birth dates for everyone on the tax return
All wage and earning statements (W2s, 1099s) from all employers
All interest or dividend statements
All 1095 forms regarding Health Insurance
A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
Direct Deposit information
To file electronically when Married Filing Jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the required form
Are you a friendly, detail-oriented person who might like to donate some time to the High Point Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program between January and April 2019? This is meaningful work, preparing tax returns for low- and moderate-income households, saving them hundreds of dollars and protecting them from scams. Greeters are also needed.
- All training is provided by the IRS, no prior experience necessary.
- Evening, day, and weekend shifts are available.
- Volunteers coming from High Point University, GTCC, and other local universities give college students hands-on experience.
Call the Community & Neighborhood Development Center at 201 Fourth St. at (336) 883-3041.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.