Get a firsthand view of how police officers serve the community members of High Point.
- Lieutenant Curtis Cheeks III
Anyone interested in participating in the ride-a-long program must complete a
1. Applicant must be at least 16 years of age (waiver required).
2. Applicant must have no pending felony or serious misdemeanor charges. Applicants must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions. Submission of a ride-a-long application will result in a criminal background check.
3. The applicant must watch the CJIS Security Awareness Training video upon request prior to the ride-a-long being scheduled.
4. The applicant must complete the Ride Along Program Application.
5. The applicant must complete a Waiver of Liability form.
6. No participant will act as a police agent in any manner.
7. While participating in the Ride-Along, no participant is allowed entry into a residence or any other location where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.
8. No weapons such as firearms, batons, oleoresin capsicum (pepper) spray, etc. will be carried by a Ride-Along participant.
9. Participants are not permitted to use cell phones or other recording devices to photograph, video or live stream crime scenes or any other sensitive information they may be exposed to.
If you have any questions about our ride-a-long program please contact, Officer Boyd at 336-887-7824 or Officer Dockery at 336-887-7807.
Please fill out the Ride-A-Long Form (PDF) and return it to:
Community Outreach Unit
High Point Police Department
1009 Leonard Avenue
High Point NC, 27260