Why High Point PD is Right for Me?
We are looking for diverse problem solvers with a desire to enhance our crime-fighting efforts and effect positive change through community engagement. If you are interested in a career as a new Police Officer, a Lateral Transfer Police Officer (in or out of state), or a civilian position please click HERE to visit the NEOGOV online application portal.
If you currently serve in law enforcement as a sworn full-time officer and are looking for a department built on the foundation of Crimefighting, Training & Development, Policy, and Community Engagement, we strongly encourage you to apply today to become part of our team.
Our department’s size is just right for those who want a law enforcement career with many different opportunities. The department is small enough that officers have the chance to work in numerous specialty units, but large enough to have all the best equipment, services, and technology.
If you need further information or have specific questions about the recruiting process, please contact our recruiting team.
Officer Evelyn Dockery (336) 887-9760
Officer Joe Vetell (336) 887-9761
Start your application for a police officer positions HERE
HPPD Headquarters at 1730 Westchester Drive
|Benefits & Salary||See the highlights of benefits and salary opportunities with HPPD|
|Pay Table||See the rates of pay based on education, experience and probationary status|
|Commonly Asked Questions||Answers to the questions most commonly asked by applicants to our recruiters|
|Training at High Point PD||An overview of what makes our in-house training program stand out from the rest|
|Community Engagement Efforts||We don't just police the community, we are police in the community|
|Automatic Disqualifiers||See the things that removes most applicants from our hiring process|
Great Reasons to Work for HPPD:
There are a lot of great reasons to work with the High Point Police Department.
- We are a nationally recognized agency with a great track record of identifying violent crime trends and promoting an environment where Crime Fighting is priority #1.
- We offer some of the best in-house training in the nation to our employees and go above and beyond the minimums set by the state of NC.
- We are located in a thriving community, which shows the department continued support from both our community members and local government officials.
- We make a concentrated effort to recognize and reward the work of our officers and staff, and we provide ample opportunities for advancement and growth within the organization.
- All of our officers are certified in specialties such as Crisis Intervention Training (CIT), Peer Support, Drug Recognition Expert, State Certified Instructor, Specialized Instructor (Firearms, Protective Tactics, Driving, Physical Fitness, Hazmat) and new hires will be provided with opportunities for this training and more once they join the department.
What Does the Application Process Look Like?
Congratulations on your decision to apply for a career in law enforcement. The application process for the High Point Police Department includes several steps and takes approximately 2-4 months. If you currently serve as a sworn, full-time law enforcement officer outside of North Carolina, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
- The first steps include a panel interview of police department employees.
Police Officer Physical Abilities Test (POPAT)
- A 2-part test to gauge the physical condition and skills of applicants.
- Used to verify the information included in the application packet.
- Candidates will complete a series of tests to measure their psychological suitability for employment.
- Staff will conduct a thorough review of the applicant’s work/life history to ensure they are of good moral character.
Conditional Job Offer
- Physical Examination with Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Psychological Interview
Formal Job Offer