The High Point Youth Council strives to make High Point a more enjoyable place for its youth through the wide variety of educational, social, recreational, and service projects it provides High Point. The Youth Council provides a unique opportunity to:
- Build leadership skills and techniques
- Learn organizational and administrative skills
- Enhance personal skills
- Enjoy social and recreational outings
- Be a member of an active, exciting organization
Any youth who is willing to accept the responsibility and challenge can be a member. Membership is open to High Point area high school students, grades 8-12 and is $15 per person for the school year. Register in person at a meeting by filling out a Youth Council Application (PDF) or you may register online.
The Youth Council has three permanent offices:
These officers and and adult advisor compose the Executive Board or the policy making body.
All Youth Council projects are selected and conducted by the Youth Council. Once a project is selected, the members of the Youth Council coordinate the efforts of the project. Projects include both local and statewide events.
North Carolina State Youth Council
The Youth Council has been a part of the North Carolina State Youth Council since 1973. This association enables the Youth Council to interact with other Youth Councils across the state.
The State Youth Council conducts quarterly meetings with local Youth Councils serving as hosts
- Local council awards are given for projects and outstanding service.
- Mini-grant money is made available by the State Legislature to new and existing youth groups.
- State committees meet.
- State Youth Council business is conducted.
Each state leadership conference also includes opportunities for each delegate to grow and improve their individual skills. These meetings also help prepare youth for statewide activities such as:
- Governor's Page Program
- State Youth Legislative Assembly
- Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD)
- Youth in Government and many more state sponsored programs
To find out more about Youth Council, ask any member, visit our Facebook page at High Point Youth Council, call Victoria Garrett at 336-883-8599 or attend a Youth Council meeting. Meetings are held the second Monday of each month during the school year. Email our advisors at email@example.com.