Volunteers / Internships
A number of opportunities are available, which are suited to meet a variety of interests and personalities. All approved Museum volunteers go through a free general orientation to the Museum and volunteer program. Additional training will then take place based on a volunteer’s interest area; the length of this specialized training varies.
Opportunities and descriptions are available on VolunteerMatch.
Volunteer hours for some positions are more flexible than others. While many volunteers prefer to have a set time to come in, others prefer to keep their schedules open. There are different volunteer positions available to meet both of these preferences.
Volunteer opportunities exist year-round in the Collections, Education, and Membership departments as well as our Museum Store. No matter what your interest, the Museum will endeavor to work with you to create a rewarding experience.
- 10% discount in Museum Store
- Volunteers are annually recognized at a Volunteer Reception
- Receive invitation to High Point Historical Society annual meeting at member rate
- Receive all mailings and e-blasts from High Point Museum and High Point Historical Society
Areas to Volunteer
- Guided Tours and Educational Programs
- Collections: Cataloger, Data Entry, Inventory Control, Library Aide, Photo Aide
- Museum Store: Museum Store Assistant
- Public relations and special event assistants, social media ambassadors
InternshipsPreserving High Point’s history is a big job, and the Museum relies upon volunteers and interns for help. The High Point Museum welcomes the opportunity to nurture future museum professionals.
We offer credit and non-credit unpaid internships to high school, college, and graduate students interested in exploring a Museum career.
Internships are available in the areas of Collections, Education and Community Relations.