Volunteers / Internships
A number of opportunities are available, which are suited to meet a variety of interests and personalities. All approved Museum volunteers go through a free general orientation to the Museum and volunteer program. Additional training will then take place based on a volunteer’s interest area; the length of this specialized training varies.
Volunteer hours for some positions are more flexible than others. While many volunteers prefer to have a set time to come in, others prefer to keep their schedules open. There are different volunteer positions available to meet both of these preferences.
Volunteer opportunities exist year-round in the Collections, Education, and Membership departments as well as our Museum Store. No matter what your interest, the Museum will endeavor to work with you to create a rewarding experience.
- 10% discount in Museum Store (excluding Online store)
- Volunteers are annually recognized at a Volunteer Reception
- Docent volunteers are invited to explore other sites on free Docent Field Trips
- Receive invitation to High Point Historical Society annual meeting at member rate
- Receive all mailings and e-blasts from High Point Museum and High Point Historical Society
Areas to Volunteer
- Guided Tours and Educational Programs
- Collections: Cataloger, Data Entry, Inventory Control, Library Aide, Photo Aide
- Museum Store: Museum Store Assistant
- High Point Historical Society committees including planning special events and fundraisers
InternshipsPreserving High Point’s history is a big job, and the Museum relies upon volunteers and interns for help. The High Point Museum welcomes the opportunity to nurture future museum professionals.
We offer credit and non-credit unpaid internships to high school, college, and graduate students interested in exploring a Museum career.
Internships are available in the areas of Collections, Education and Community Relations.
Please fill out the Volunteer Application and include a resume and a letter of inquiry.
Currently, we are offering a summer collections internship with a stipend for undergraduate and graduate students in history, museum studies, or related fields. The deadline to apply is March 5.
To learn more about this opportunity and how to apply click here.