In addition to the Historical Park properties, the Museum maintains three off-site structures. The Little Red Schoolhouse, now located just one block east of the Museum, was built in 1930 by architect Louis Voorhees. From 1931 to 1961 it operated as a public school for first graders.
Located further east of the Museum are the Mendenhall Meeting House and Mendenhall Store. The Mendenhall family built the meeting house in 1819 in which to worship when bad weather made the four mile trip to their regular meeting house difficult.
A few years later, in 1824 the Mendenhall Store was built to set up a
leather goods store and business office. In 1978, the High Point
Historical Society signed a contract with the City of High Point to
maintain both buildings. The Museum opens these structures to the public
during certain annual programs.