Library cards are free to everyone with a photo ID and proof of current address.
- Overdue fines are not charged.
- If you lose, damage, partially return items or are referred to our collection agency you will be charged a fee.
- If you owe fees amounting to $5 or more, your account must be paid in full before materials may be checked out or renewed. Online renewals are also restricted to fees of any amount.
- Those owing $5 or more may not use the library's Public Computing Center, download digital media, or submit Interlibrary Loan requests until the amount is paid in full.
Public Computing Center
- Black and white prints - $0.20 each
- Color prints - $0.40 each
- Flash Drives (4GB) - $5 each
- Copies- $0.10 each
- Only black & white, one-sided copies available
- $1.75 for first page & $1.00 for each additional page
Heritage Research Center
There is no fee to search our High Point Enterprise index for a single obituary. Requests are accepted via telephone, email, or ground mail. There is no search fee to conduct a surname search of obituaries, if you visit the library. The search will be conducted as time allows. The cost of copies requested by phone or email will be determined on an individual basis.
Requests for articles or information from the High Point Enterprise will be accepted if an entry can be located in our index or if a specific date is specified. The index we’ve created includes only stories related to High Point, itself, and with the exception of obituaries, only covers the period since 1997.
We can also search city directories for individual listings (maximum of 5 years searched at one time), or provide copies from local histories, genealogies, record abstracts, and original records on microfilm. We limit remote users to one specific request per contact, one contact per day. If found, a hard copy of the item will be reproduced and mailed at a cost of $2 for the first 5 pages and $0.25 for each additional page, up to a maximum of 20 pages.
Requests for scanned images are limited to one specific item per inquiry, one inquiry per day. A valid email address is required, and scanned images will be processed and sent as an attachment, free of charge, as time allows. Requests for scanned images received on weekends will be filled during the following week.
All returned checks are subject to a $25 fee.
All services and prices are subject to change at any time, without notice, at the discretion of the Library Board of Trustees.