High Point Museum Guild Meeting
The High Point Museum Guild continues their informative series of programs on the history of the Greater High Point area this February 21 at 10 am at the High Point Museum. This program is free and open to all.
A subcommittee of the High Point Preservation Society has undertaken the preservation and restoration of the remaining portions of the building used as the First Courthouse of Guilford County (1771-1774) Originally it had been an “Ordinary,” word then used for a tavern for travelers. Date of construction was as early as 1755 which would make it perhaps the oldest remaining structure in this part of North Carolina. It is the only surviving physical building connected with the Regulator Movement.
Noted Author and Historian Charles D. Rodenbough will discuss the history and preservation efforts of the original Guilford County Courthouse (Buis/Lindsay House) located in north High Point.