What is the City’s policy on stormwater runoff?
The Stormwater Division maintains stormwater systems within the public right-of-way. When stormwater runoff leaves the public right-of-way, it is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain the stormwater conveyance on their property. If you discover a drainage problem, please call the Customer Service Department at 336-883-3111 to report problem. The Stormwater Division will perform a site visit to assess the problem.

Show All Answers

1. What is stormwater runoff?
2. What is the City’s policy on stormwater runoff?
3. How do I determine if I'm eligible for City assistance with drainage problems on private property?
4. What is an NPDES Permit?
5. What is an ERU and how is my stormwater fee calculated?
6. What is considered impervious surface area (ISA)?
7. Is the stormwater fee a tax?
8. Is the City charging residents for rain?
9. How can I reduce my stormwater fee?
10. What if a customer disagrees with the amount of ISA that was measured on their property?