How do I apply for approvals?
Application forms can be obtained online or at the Planning and Development Department on the third floor of the Municipal Office Building, 211 S. Hamilton Street, room 316. Applicants are expected to furnish supporting sketches, photographs, and material samples to assist the Commission in understanding and evaluating a proposal. Minor works require a phone call to the Planning Department staff at 336-883-3328. It may be necessary for a staff person to visit the property before issuing an approval letter, but if the work qualifies, a letter is sent to the owner within a few days.

If a project requires presentation before the Historic Preservation Commission, the application must be filed by the deadline. Historic Preservation Commission meetings are held regularly at 6 p.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Meetings are held in Council Chambers on the 3rd floor of the Municipal Office Building. The meeting facilities of the City of High Point are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need a special accommodation, call 336-883-3328 or the N C. Relay System (TCC No. 336-883-8517).

Show All Answers

1. What is the Historic Preservation Commission?
2. What items require a Certificate Of Appropriateness?
3. How do I apply for approvals?
4. Who will be notified of the hearing?
5. How does the Board reach decisions?
6. Who do I contact for further information?