- Facilities & Parks
Ingleside Compost Facility
|Other Link||Frequently Asked Questions|
The Ingleside Compost Facility is a convenience we offer to High Point residents for disposal of yard debris and the opportunity to purchase materials like mulch, engineered soil, or compost.
When you enter the gates on Ingleside Drive please pull on the scale to the right to be weighed and the scale house operator will advise you on where to go. Please do not leave the scale until you have spoken to a scale house attendant.
- For those unloading yard waste: Once you are directed where to go, it is your responsibility to unload any yard waste. You MUST return to the scale on the right to weigh out and pay (if applicable).
- For those purchasing materials: Once being directed where to go, we will load your vehicle with the material. Please return to the outbound scale on the right and the scale house operator will let you know the cost.
All vehicles must weigh in and out. We do not deliver.
Residential Yard Waste
There is no charge to residential customers IF the yard waste is brought from your primary residence and is in your personal vehicle. If the waste is from a rental property, if you are not the home owner, if you are a business or in a commercial vehicle the charge is $36 per ton with a $7.50 minimum for Pickups, SUV's or larger and a $2 minimum for cars. If you are not a High Point resident who lives in the High Point city limits there will be a charge for all material that is disposed. The charge will be $36 per ton.
Commercial Yard Waste
ALL commercial customers, landscape businesses and commercial vehicles will be charged $36 per ton with a $7.50 minimum. If the home owner is in the vehicle there will be a charge. No exceptions.
Materials for Sale:
- $22 per ton Engineered Soil
- $17 per ton Wood Mulch
- $22 per ton Compost
- $17 per ton Leaf Mulch
Our material is all natural. No chemicals, dyes or pesticides are added.
Ingleside Compost Facility will be closed for the following City observed holidays:
- Juneteenth: Saturday, June 17 & Monday, June 19, 2023
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day: Saturday, September 2 & Monday, September 4, 2023
- Veteran's Day: Friday, November 10 & Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Thanksgiving: Thursday/Friday/Saturday, November 23, 24, & 25, 2023
- Christmas: Saturday/Monday/Tuesday, December 23, 25, & 26, 2023
- New Year's Day: Saturday, December 30, 2023 & Monday, January 1, 2024