I have trouble getting my garbage cart to the curb. What can I do?

At the City of High Point, we focus every day on enriching the lives of our citizens by creating an exceptional environment and providing exemplary services that enable our community to thrive and prosper. In achieving this, we offer curbside/backdoor collection assistance to individuals who, because of permanent or temporary physical disability, are unable to bring their garbage and recycling carts to the curb. We limit this level of service to those who do not share a residence with someone who could bring the carts to the curb on their behalf.

As part of the program, City of High Point crews will collect garbage and recycling from either the back/side yard area of your home. It is imperative that the service is provided only to qualified residents and there are no obstructions that would prevent us from performing this task safely.

An application is required and you may contact the Customer Service Center to receive an application by calling (336) 883-3111. Please note your application will not be considered complete without a physician’s signature on their office letterhead.

Show All Answers

1. When is my garbage pickup day?
2. When can I put my garbage/recycling/yard waste out to be collected?
3. What happens if I do not follow the guidelines for when to set out and remove my cart?
4. I have trouble getting my garbage cart to the curb. What can I do?
5. Do I need a special garbage cart?
6. What can I put in the rollout cart?
7. Do I need to bag my trash?
8. Can I place excess garbage next to the cart at the curb?
9. What if I have to be out of town during collection?
10. Which days are considered garbage holidays?
11. What happens if I forget to roll my cart to the street?
12. What do I do if my garbage, yard waste or recycling were not picked up?
13. What can I do with paint?
14. Why have I received an orange tag on my cart?